Dreamweaver CS4 not displaying filenames

mzvetina

Registered
I've just upgraded from an iBook (OS 10.4) to a MacBook (10.5x). Since my old version of Dreamweaver MX refused to open on the new system, I downloaded the 30-day trial version of DW CS4 (my time is about half up). It recognizes my website, but when I open it in site view, it doesn't display any of the file names. If I mouse over the empty white space next to the little file icons, the name appears, but it's impossible to work on the site this way, of course. I posted my problem in the Adobe forum with no response; I've googled my way through bazillions of other DW-OS 10.5 problems, but haven't found mine. Maybe I'm missing something completely obvious, but I've been using DW for many years and have never seen this weirdness before ;-)

Thanks for any insights you can provide!
mzvetina

Got the same problem in my Dreamweaver CS3 on Windows XP. Found your post searching for a solution, and couldn't find any in forum.

The trouble was really annoying, so I tried to reset various things of DW, at the end I rid of this (in Windows XP) manually removing the site cache from the preferences files of Dreamweaver ([Application data dir]\Adobe\Dreamweaver 9\Configuration\SiteCache)

Dont know how you can do this in Mac OS X, but I guess DW got a "Preferences" directory or similar, you should remove all the cache files after have closed DW and then restart it.

Hope this helps somehow.

Michele

Back