Dreamweaver MX 2004 Update

Huge speed increase on the G3 iBook. Very noticable for me.

Yep, I've been playing all afternoon, and it's much better, a lot faster, no obvious bugs. It was a long time coming, but they seem to have fixed all those problems. The only thing I haven't tested yet is the MySQL database connectivity problems I had before......

This is actually the first positive response to MX 2004 I've read in a while. I'm sick of Dreamweaver MX bugs... maybe an upgrade is worth it.

I just think it's sad that people (myself included) are willing to buy expensive upgrades if only to fix bugs, that should have been fixed for free.

MX worked fine for me before the switch up to 10.3, just wasn't happy after that. Since it came out a 2 years or so before 10.3 can't really complain that much with the few small issues there. I do wish Macromedia would get their "choice word" together and actually debug/optimize their apps before the general release though. I get the feeling they just don't try hard enough, as even the win version are slow in their own right.

Maybe Adobe's new 'methods' have knocked some sense into them. Before CS GoLive wasn't anywhere near the level of Dreamweaver, it's caught up now and maybe surpassed on some things though I still think DW (04) is a better app for the money. I would love to see someone (Macromedia) create a BBEdit style one on steroids. Junk the visual mode and give us a fast, efficient, code view without alot of the extra junk.

Why do updates when they know your only option is to pay for an upgrade to fix thos issues. Sucks but it's the way big business goes.

i have been using dreamweaver since version 2.0 and i seriously hate the "modern" view in which none of the palettes are floating any more... up to dreamweaver MX it could always be changed back to classic view but i couldn't find that on MX 2004 when testing it... or am i just blind?

This was as a result of a legal dispute with Adobe (Macromedia infringed on Adobes' palette system)... thus the change. Don't know if you can change it back in 2004 though.

I think it's faster all together. Still takes a few bounces to launch, but after that she seems very responsive. Even more so than old MX.

Same here. I've been running MX and 2004 in tandem, just to compare, and even though it takes a little longer to boot up, usability is great.

Wehay! We are speedy again! Glad to finally see this update, took its time though!
I previously installed Dreamweaver MX 2004 and reverted straight back to MX. This update however has me back with the MX 2004 version. Cheers Macromedia!

Back