Dreamweaver Mx And Fireworks Mx 2004

thebiggedbig

Registered
Dreamweaver MX will not import files from Fireworks MX 2004. Do you know a workaround to let this happen? I had exported an interactive image from Fireworks 2004 and tried to import it into Dreamweaver MX. I get the following error message, "The selected file is not the correct format. Please select an HTML file which was exported from Fireworks.

with macromedia products, there's usually the ability to save as... and compile down to the previous versions, but only one, so 8 will only compile down to mx 2004, mx 2004 will only go down to mx, and mx will only go down to 6 etc.

try saving the fireworks file down to Fireworks MX and then import into dreamweaver

I looked in the export dialog, but there is no option to save down to a lower version. Thanks for the help, though. Any others ideas? (Oh, I'm exporting it to HTML)

Ah what you have to do when you have your image all sliced up in Fireworks, there should be an option when you go to save. But first you have to go Export (Preview is better than just Export) Preview, select your file format optimize it do what ever you need. Then when you go to actually select the location to save it, there will be a drop-down box that should say automatically Images only. Select Images and HTML.

That was off the top of my head but that should solve your ishca.

Back