Dreamweaver MX Problem

Sogni

*gone*
When using Dreamweaver MX, my shift button does not work on anything other than typing a capital letter, I can't shift+enter to enter a br command, I can't use it to select text with the keyboard... it used to work fine before, it just started doing that this week... what gives?

Every now and then when I launch Dreamweaver MX, the panels fail to launch, I have to select "Window" from the menu bar, and activate each panel I want to use... but then every now and then they fail to launch again...

And finally - this really isn't a problem, but thought it would be cool:

Does anyone know of a trick to cause Dreamweaver (or any app for that matter) to cause the screen's resolution to change (1280x1024 from 1024x768) upon launch?
Apple Script comes to mind but I have failed to get it to work for me (I need an Apple Scripts for Dummies book or something! lol) :D

And yeah - I do have the Displays menu item and is how I current change the rez).

TIA

As for your panels not showing up, i have that problem with Flash MX often, so i think its an all around Macromedia issue. Hopefully they will work it out in an update. As for your shift button not working, that sounds weird. Did you change anything in your system prefences? (i.e. turn on 'Sticky Keys') That might have something to do with the issues that you are having with your shift button but that is just a guess. Try restoring your preferences to defaults too??? As for the applescript to change your res, I don't know of such a thing. You'll prolly be better off asking that as its own topic.

Originally posted by imbrokn
As for your shift button not working, that sounds weird. Did you change anything in your system prefences? (i.e. turn on 'Sticky Keys') That might have something to do with the issues that you are having with your shift button but that is just a guess. Try restoring your preferences to defaults too???

I was thinking the same thing, and the only thing I remember installing was a plugin for Dreamweaver - and I find it hard to belive that's what did it... but I'll try uninstalling the plugin tomorow and see if that does anything...

Can the prefs file for Dreamweaver be trashed like in OS9 and have it revert to defaults? If so, any idea where that is?

Thanks.

I can't create Flash Text in DW MX. DW goes through all the steps as it did before in DW4, and all looks well, but the .swf file is not saved and the Flash Text appears as a broken link. What gives? Has anyone else experienced this? Can someone run a quick test and let me know if you are having this issue. Thanks!

Yeah, DWMX's Flash text feature did the same thing to me today. I thought it was just me - I'm SO happy it isn't. Yippee - a bug!

Righto, anyone else with FreakyFlashText?

EDIT: I just tried making the Flash text, switching back to 'Common', importing it as Flash but still no joy.

EDIT #2: I just nipped over to the Dreamweaver forum. There must about 200 posts about this problem. I haven't the time to read them all (nor the will), but it looks like something that'll have to be fixed in a forthcoming programme update.

I think it's time to go - all the buttons, smilies and posts on macos.com have just fouled up. Wonder if that's anything to do running DWMX to experiment with Flash text while this site was open????????

I've noticed that what is happening is the flash text file is not being saved. I can import flash text created by DW4 and it works just fine. For now I'm gonna use DW4 (in OS9 of course) to create my flash text and then import into DWmx. I hope this gets fixxed soon. I tryed to search the DW forums for help, boy what crappy forum. It's useless. Thank God for MacOSX.com! :D

To Tormente:

Hi,

I am having the same problem as you - the one with the shift key not working properly in dreamweaver for < br >.
I cannot seem to be able to connect the dreamweaver forum so I cannot see if anyone gave you a successful answer there... So, did you managed to get it fixed?

TIA,

Kinniken

Back