Dreamweaver MX

designer

Registered
Has anybody have experience with DW MX?

I would like to hear how this program works on X because I am thinking about getting one myself.

Thanks..

I'm using the trial version and it's pretty good. I have no experience with it so i'm still exploring. I usually use BBedit but this seems faster. So far so good!

Twister

I have been a DW user since v1.2... I really only use it for prototyping and mocking things up quickly, my designs are usually done with photoshop and BBedit... but this release is nice. Im actually using it more that I used to.

i just started up Dreamweaver to get you those screenshots but it said trial expired. This sucks :( - i guess i have to start up hotline.

Does anyone know what the educational pricing is for dreamweaver? I want a 'real' copy of it (not pirated) but can't afford 399! My sister will be going away to college soon and she would be able to get the educational discount for me...I just don't know how much it is. Anyone know?

If you don't mind getting the educational version of Dreamweaver, you can get studio for 199. That includes Coldfusion, Dreamweaver, Flash, and Fireworks. All MX. :) So get that before your sister goes away to college.

Try GradWare

I've posted their link on here twice on the same day but I assure you - I am not advertising them or anything.

is a extremely good deal, exactly the way for a corporation to get students a) into their products (good for the long-term), and b) get some revenue from a population used to using copied software;)

I don't like MM products but this is a good move, well done MM.

(Kinda knocks that whole 'can't afford it' argument, wish I was back at college now!)

Two things.

I forgot to mention from my previous post that it also includes Freehand 10. (Although Illustrator 10 is better).

Bad news is: Coldfusion - is Windows only. Pfft.

I just read the specs or product description so... :(

If you re getting the educational version in order to be A) legal B) save money , that is a good way to do, but if your interest is to use the software to make commercial stuff... the point A is not accomplished anymore.
The Educational version is cheeper cause is for educational purpose ONLY .. so if you wanna do commercial stuff..there 's no way to save money....sorry

I have been using for quite a while now...

The beta was so so, but the actual application works pretty good.

I must say Macromedia has done a good job...

//dd.

If you re getting the educational version in order to be A) legal B) save money , that is a good way to do, but if your interest is to use the software to make commercial stuff... the point A is not accomplished anymore.
The Educational version is cheeper cause is for educational purpose ONLY .. so if you wanna do commercial stuff..there 's no way to save money....sorry

I knew this already, but thanks anyway

I just got the Full Version its great so clean and nice looking and it works
great havent found any bugs so far
Trik

I can't create Flash Text in DW MX. DW goes through all the steps as it did before in DW4, and all looks well, but the .swf file is not saved and the Flash Text appears as a broken link. What gives? Has anyone else experienced this? Can someone run a quick test and let me know if you are having this issue. Thanks!

I have used DW since version 1.2 also and I this is the best version yet. I like how they have incorporated UltraDev into it, but I do have one issue maybe someone has an idea on. I open it a few times a day and off and on I will open it only to have no palettes... Now I can just go to the menu and turn the palettes on, but how did they get turned off? This happens in Flash MX too. Any ideas?

BTW, about the CF and OS X: You can get it installing, look on the internet and you will find instructions on how to get the Linux version to compile and run on OS X. A Macromedia rep told me this at a tradeshow and it worked for me!

I bought the entire Web Production Studio MX (Freehand, Firworks, DW, Flash) for the designers in my company, and so far only Flash has the same old complains of being a little sluggish.

The designers love FH and DW best.

DW is getting slow for me. I don't know why. I think it has something to do with connecting directly to an FTP server.

Flash is nice except windows dissappear.

Twister

I love DW MX, but with the advent of 10.2, there are a few bugs that are kind of annoying.

1st: When you assign a cell a background image of a 1x1 transparent .gif, the cell becomes black. Very annoying.

2nd: Many times, when you Control-Option click on DW MX's icon in the dock, to hide everything else and bring DW MX to the front, it won't.

I hope Macromedia fixes these bugs soon. Hopefully it won't take them as long as it did to fix the bugs that DW4 displayed under 9.1.

Back