Drive Modification Problems

scope

Registered
OK, here's the deal. I bought my G4 with a DVD-ROM built in in October of 1999. It's a 400MHz G4 with 512MB of RAM and a Radeon AGP with 32MB of VRAM. Later on, I bought an external CD-RW drive and use it with Firewire. Since I hardly ever use the DVD, and always use the burner, I switched them. I put the DVD-ROM in the Firewire case and the burner in the tower. My only problem is that, under OS X, when I put a DVD in the DVD drive, Apple DVD Player starts up, but than says that the DVD drive cannot be found. It reads the DVD, and I can look through the disc, but it will not play them. However, if I put it in while running Mac OS 9.2, it plays perfectly fine. The CD-RW drive burns discs just fine. I noticed in the Apple System Profiler under OS X, says that on the Firewire port, there is a "LaCie 1394-CDROM Drive (MATSHITA DVD-ROM SR-8584A s15C)," while the ASP under OS 9 just says "DVD-ROM SR-8584A." I'm all out of ideas. If you have any, let me know.

This drive switching all started when I wanted to see if i could do this:Thermometer. While we're here, if you can give me tips on doing this, let me know.

Back