Drive structures changed to NTFS how?!

chet_woolery

Registered
Hi there,

While setting up windows via bootcamp on my Mac Pro, 2 of my internal drives were changed to NTFS file structures, but I didn't format them(!?). I never even started the installation of windows, I exited the installer before it began because I went back out to check where it was going to be insalled by quitting the installer.

When I got back to OS X, only my boot volume mounted, the other 2 saying they were not readable (initialize/ignore/eject).

I am convinced that the drives were not wiped, but somehow the file structure (or table) was swapped or converted to NTFS through some error in the install of bootcamp/windows (which never even began installing).

Does anyone have any ideas for me to try?

I had a computer science-nerd friend of mine check out some stuff in the terminal, he says the data should be recoverable if there is someway to retreive it, he just wasn't sure how.

DiskWarrior says it's can't work on the drives b/c the are not the correct format, obv.

Does anyone know of this happening or how to fix it? I have yet to find anything on the internet? Can the drives be tricked back to retreive the files which are stored on them under the original hfs+ system?

Many thanks in advance.
Jordan

Back