Drivers for TP-LINK WN822

rjmusto

Registered
Ok, I've been a bit of a numpty and ordered a TP-LINK USB WiFi adapter, type WN822N.

There's me thinking I am clever and buying a TP-LINK adapter as the main router is one of theirs. But, having got the thing, I learn that there are no OSX drivers available from TP-LINK. Haven't found any on a web search either.

Anybody know of a way to get this to work? Or does it just have to go back up on eBay?

Thanks.

gsahli

Have you tried it? May not require a driver for a Mac.
Plug it in, then go to Network Prefs and try adding a new adapter.

DeltaMac

Tech
Doesn't your Mac already have a wireless card?
USB wireless adapters are often flaky on OS X.

Which Mac model do you have, and which version of OS X?

rjmusto

Registered
Thanks for the replies.

We use a Mac Mini as a video centre and have recently had to move its position to an area where the signal strength from the WiFi router is poor to non-existent. (Running OSX 10.6)

I also find that the Airport's connectivity is very flaky and sometimes a real pest to get the connection established. Not an uncommon problem as I understand.

So, with these two issues in mind, I decided to get a n-class external adapter (the router is n standard) that should the get me a better signal and, I hoped, more reliable connectivity.

I've tried plugging it in but haven't worked out how to look for the thing. Under Network Prefs am I looking to create a new Port Configuration?