Dropbox launches when I attempt to use Safari on iPhone11

TuckerdogAVL

Registered
Strangest thing. The Safari app is on the phone, naturally. I have Firefox and DuckDuckGo also on the phone. However, The safari app is no where to be seen. If I attempt to launch Safari, or re-add from app store, I get an "OPEN." But when I try to "OPEN" Dropbox launches and says "Thanks for verifying your identity." WTF? What's going on? What setting is set somewhere in the phone at some point that I must have set.

That would have been a last resort. What I discovered is that somehow I had turned on "content blocking" in the app. This is after I also logged out of the Dropbox and turned off sync (I have no idea how, but I was under the hood changing all the opt outs the other day). As soon as I found that, I was able to now search Safari in the Apps, and re-add the icon. Dropbox makes me crazy with all their crap now, but I do use it for cloud. It really screwed me up last year when I accidentally turned on their backup and it was backing up all the external hard drives. For days. Thanks for reaching out. But it was something squirrelly that got reset.

Glad you got it figured out.
You might have mis-understood my term, though. A hard reset does not delete anything. It only fixes 'hiccups' it the iOS system.
For your iPhone 11: Volume up, volume down, push and hold the power button until screen goes blank and the Apple logo starts. ONLY then can you let go of the power button.
Easy fix for a multitude of problems. Not yours, however.

Glad you got it figured out.
You might have mis-understood my term, though. A hard reset does not delete anything. It only fixes 'hiccups' it the iOS system.
For your iPhone 11: Volume up, volume down, push and hold the power button until screen goes blank and the Apple logo starts. ONLY then can you let go of the power button.
Easy fix for a multitude of problems. Not yours, however.
Ill remember that. Thanks for your help.

Back