DropZip, DropStuff suddenly stopped working...

d54321k

Registered
I've been using Stuffit Standard 8.0.2 for a while. Mainly DropZip and DropStuff. All of a sudden those two can no longer be launched. If I try launching either one of them, the icon would bounce in the dock for a while (much longer than any other app), then stop, the little arrow underneath it would disappear, and the name of the software fould never come up at the top of the screen. However, if I try force-quitting, it will list DropZip (or DropStuff) in the force-quit window.. And I can also see it if I try "Apple"+"Tab" keys. Basically, all I am able to do after that is force-quit DropZip.

Tried restarting the computer, deleted Stuffit folde, reinsalled it using the original dmg - no luck...

I haven't done any system updates for a while (have been running 8.3.7), haven't changed any system settings, or anything of that nature. Both utilities have been working fine until today...

Has anyone encounered similar problem? Someone who could possibly offer a solution?

Thanks
dk

Never mind: see thread "StuffIt & 10.3.7" for solution - I used the Terminal commands, and they worked. Big thanks to Al Bloom!!

Back