.DS_Store - does it work the same in Jag as 10.1?

ksignorini

Registered
I was wondering if anyone knows if .DS_Store does the same thing in Jag as it did in 10.1?

It seems that if I delete a .DS_Store file from a folder (using Terminal) then open the folder using Finder, that the settings for the folder have not changed and gone back to defaults or anything.

What I am aiming to do is reset ALL my folders to the default Icon view look and then adjust from there...in 10.1.5 I would have just deleted all the .DS_Store files and started fresh. This doesn't seem to work in Jag.

Also, when I open a new Finder window (using Finder in the dock) it ALWAYS opens starting at my Computer but with HUGE icons. I adjust this folder to look the way I want (change the icon sizes, etc.) and close the window and when I reopen it....same huge icons again! In 10.1.5 I would just delete the .DS_Store file in the root of the drive and this would fix it...it doesn't here.

Any ideas? Does anyone know if .DS_Store is used the same or is the folder configuration stored somewhere else, now?

Thanks,
Kent!

Did you try quitting the Finder and relaunching after deleting the file?

I dunno. Something to try.

Though, oddly, quitting the Finder doesn't always do what it used to do in 10.1 which is weird. Though you can now Quit it but still have the Desktop showing which is good for people who use Snak or other Finder replacements I guess. Now me tho. I like the Finder.

Back