.ds_store icon file can't rmove?

DICKSTER

Registered
I did a restart with a dif. startup disk and then did a restart w/ orig. startup disk.w/ os 10.6.2. the .ds_store icon showed up on desktop and now I can't get rid of it. This happened to me a year or two ago and there is a way to fix it so they won't show up, but I can't find the info of how to in any of my comp. files or in my hard copies file.
Someone have the answer ????
Thanks
Dickster-----------

THE .ds_store icons--one on destop and others in apps. folders. I had them all hidden or gone? before.
using a macpro workstation-osx .6.2-10gig ram
Dickster---------

Thanks for help-Sim- I downloaded that app. 3 times and all it gave me was zero data-I gave up on it. I cured problem by re-installing snow leopard sys. and it cured all the probs. w/ .ds_store and a few other minor probs.
Thanks again!
Dickster----------

Sim-I just did another download on that app. and it worked. I think my system did get screwed up and I couldn't downld. Now all is fine and working.
Dickster----------

If I'm not mistaken the issue you are having is a problem with 10.6. Another tech I know went through this same issue and contacted Apple about it and once she got to one of the engineers, they said it was a problem with 10.6 with no solution as of then, but of course the workaround was to reinstall the OS. So if you haven't already, running the updates will either bring it back or it will stay fixed?

Back