dscl - please help

cupojava

Registered
I upgraded from OS X Server 10.4.10 to 10.5 recently and I've experienced nothing but problems.

It seems as though whenever I use Server Admin to set up a file share, then attempt to "unshare" it, client nodes are still attempting to mount it.

For example, I have a folder called "scratch" which I "shared" then "unshared".

After "unsharing", running the command `showmount -e` fails to show the directory "scratch" as an export... which is correct.

However, running this command:

dscl /LDAPv3/127.0.0.1 -list /Mounts

does in fact reveal the directory... which is wrong.

I know for a fact that this is where it needs to be deleted because I had this exact problem on another 10.4 Server. I'm pretty sure I remember the dscl syntax for deleting a node, but on this machine I only get an error.

% dscl -u <admin> -p /LDAPv3/127.0.0.1 -delete /Mounts/server.name.priv:\/scratch

delete: Invalid Path
<dscl_cmd> DS Error: -14009 (eDSUnknownNodeName)

When I try deleting in interactive mode (using auth), I get the same error.

Just to show that LDAP and dscl are working to some extent, I created a fake user into the /Users section (using -create) and then deleted that user (using -delete) successfully.

Is my syntax just wrong, or is there perhaps a bigger problem here?

Hi,

I had the same problem and discovered that you need to use a double backslash, see below:

% dscl -u <admin> -p /LDAPv3/127.0.0.1 -delete /Mounts/server.name.priv:\\/scratch

Compare this with your command:

% dscl -u <admin> -p /LDAPv3/127.0.0.1 -delete /Mounts/server.name.priv:\/scratch

Back