Duak boot help

Thank all of you for helping me out!
I made the new partitions and installed os9 and osx.
This was a good experience, better than any game can be ever! I just hope I did not lost a lot of important information.

And I hope that someone cab help qurtered too.

qurtered

You have important university notes and will be screwed if you can't get at them? Why then, did you try installing a game on a system that you know is messed up before making sure everything was fixed?

After dragging the OS 9 System Folder to your drive, did you try to select that system in the Startup Preference and restart in 9?

If I were you at this point, I would boot off the OS X CD and reinstall the system using the Archive option. This way you'll have a new working system and your files will be safe. Then backup anything important to anther machine, etc, whatever you have available, then initialize the drive, install the 9 drivers, and reinstall X clean and then install 9.

I didn't know the system was messed up. I thought I had properly installed OS9. If I thought I was comprimising my notes then I would not have done it.

Yes, after dragging the system folder to my hard drive i tried restarting in OS 9.

How do I install using the archive option and what exactly does that mean?

Thanks again.

Got it all figured out. Re-installed using the archive method. Thanks for the great advice on that one. Now I am left with the OS 9 problem which I have ben discussing with Cheryl. If We figure out how that works I will be sure to post all info regarding it here. In fact, I may add a section to my web site about it. It seems to be an issue not many people are to framiliar with.

It works. Thanks so much Cheryl. You helped so much :D

Here's all I had to do:
Insert restore disc #1
Install OS9
Done. lol

Thanks alot folks.

qurtered

Look for the OS 9 System Folder and drag it to the trash.

Then put the OS 9 CD in, just normally and install OS 9.

Bob,

He tried that and it would not install. Kept giving him errors. I worked with him last night via iChat and emails. The restore disk worked.

I might add that he bought the computer used and OS 9 was not to be found. Good thing he got all the CD's that came with it. :)

Back