Dual display on iBook

wingzero1285

Registered
I did the "hack" for the dual spanning displays for my ibook. It works fine and I have no problems, but I have one small thing that bothers me. The ibook is the main screen and the crt to the right of the ibook is the auxillery screen. So the icons, menu bar, and dock are on the ibooks lcd, and I can drag windows to the right into the other monitor. Now that you know my setup, the small thing that bothers me is, that the icons shifted over maybe 1mm, and some of the letter hang off into the other monitor. For instances, I have a disc in the CD rom drive and the icon and disc title appears as it should on the LCD, but one letter gets cut off and ends up on the other monitor. I was wondering if there is a way to shift these over a little bit. The "veiw options" in osx are too general and arent specific enough for my tastes lol. So does any one have an ideas? Or should I just live with it... Thanks

John

I'm going to bump this because this is main reason I don't go with a dual display setup more often.

Good luck!

Yea, its not terrible, but its tollerable. I dont mind it that much. I finally got around to posting about it. Maybe I can take a screen shot and post it up here so people can get a better idea. Yea thats what I'll do, there will be a pic in the days to come.

John

You would have to shorten the name of the icons, or move the icons over a bit so they don't appear on the second monitor. Under the View Menu, uncheck Snap to Grid.

Originally posted by bobw
You would have to shorten the name of the icons, or move the icons over a bit so they don't appear on the second monitor. Under the View Menu, uncheck Snap to Grid.

Yea, that would work. I was only curious of what I could do.

Back