Dual Display Powerbook startup question

mtjn

noob
I tried searching but can't really find the answers so I'll post here.

I've got an issue when running a second monitor with my powerbook. It's a brand new 15"...blah blah blah. The second monitor is a ViewSonic 19"CRT. The problem happens when I try to powerup with the CRT connected, nothing happens. I'll hear the startup chime and the both screens stay black. I've left it like that for at least 5 minutes and still nothing happened. The second monitor will only come on if the powerbook is already on and then I connect the second monitor. If I do a then restart, the CRT will come on as expected. But if i shut down then power back up, I only get the powerbook monitor. Is this normal? Do i have to powerup the powerbook first, then attach the second monitor every time I want to run a dual display.

My searching skills suck so I apologize again if this has been covered. Thanks.

I don't have those problems here but one thing might be related to the DPMI negotiations with the monitor, is it a really old monitor? When you hook things up and they do not start correctly what happens if you disconnect the monitor? Close the lid and open it again?

Back