Dual G5s bumpted to ship in 7 - 10 business days

Originally posted by KaKaRoTt
"For the past 3 weeks, Apple has been quoting 3 - 5 weeks for ship quotes on the Dual G5s. Today it was reduced to 7 - 10 business days."

you idiot its been 7-10 business days for a good while now, should have keep checking it sooner.

I'm going to let that go since you're new here.

apple moved the estimated ship time for dual 2ghz g5s to 7 - 10 business days on 09.26.2003 the same day I started this thread.

argh, that makes me so mad. there must really be a shortage of 250 gb drives or something.

I can't very easliy just cancel my order and place another one... I spent my once in a life time ADC hardware purchase ticket on this one. Too much paperwork to go through.

Ah... But at least you should have more ammo to call up and complain - your situation is just ridiculous.

At this point, if the HD is holding up the order, they should just install the 160GB drive and send you the 250GB later as a gift =)

I'm sure by now you can go to the store and buy a dual 2 Ghz machine off the shelf. If you still haven't received your computer, call them up and bitch about it until you get some positive results.

I just called them. The rep told me that the order for my machine was sent to the warehouse last friday and that they just started building it. He said it should ship by monday.

When I asked him why it was taking so long, he said that they were finally starting to catch up on the backlog of ADC orders.

This whole thing really irritates me. Should developers be getting their machines first? So much for FIFO :mad:

Ah, okay...

I guess in your case it would be FILO... you can probably guess what that means. ;)

:mad: :rolleyes:

Well, Tree has to wait 37 thousand days (that's 102 years) for Panther... you may have to wait as long for your G5!

Wow...

monday came and went. still hasn't shipped.
I called today and the rep told me that its built...(ie, I can no longer cancel the order or make changes to it) and it should ship any day now...but he still has to stick to the on or before 10/30/03 date.

if it makes you feel any better i can go buy a stack of duals at my local computer shop if i had the money, they got all sorts of boxes of them

well, i called apple customer relations today and the woman i spoke with laid the smack down. she put me on hold for about 10 minutes and when she came back, the first words out of her mouth were "you'll have your computer in your hands either tomorrow or the day after. and we refunded your shipping charge."

still no change on my order status page, but I'm hoping she's right :-D

They're toying with you, trying to see how long it takes for them to break you. ;)

Just bear with it, and if you don't have your computer after Halloween, call them up and bitch at them until Steve Jobs himself delivers it in his private jet.

I wonder if you have to wait long enough, they'll automatically bump you up to the brand new 2.4Ghz G5s?

Back