Dual mon

ERICBRIAN2002

Registered
What are the advantages of having dual monitors what are they good for convince me to use dual moni :'). If you got some pics of your dual moni that would b great

Originally posted by .dev.lqd
well... do you prefer 1280x1024 or 2560 x 1024?

2560 is 2x the width of 1280... meaning would you rather have 1280 (1 screen) or 2560 (2 screens)?

i think the choice is clear... crystal clear :)

I always had a 15" second monitor where I would put all of my palettes and such. If you work in Photoshop you can have your image fill the screen and still have access to everything you need.

If youre playing a game that takes up full screen could you play the game on 1 mon and have youre regular desktop on the other?

Not always... games require most of the display adapter/computer's attention.

The only benefit is desktop real estate.

If you're asking this question... you don't need this, so don't worry about it.

The only other thing is the 'ooh aah' factor of it.

I see the dual screens have 2 diff web pages on it. My question is how does the mouse go from the 2 screens? How about is it better for 1 lcd screen or 2 ctr screens, i have space for both?. Can you watch a movie on 1 and regular desktop on the other?

The mouse goes where ever you move it to, either screen. Dual monitors are great when using programs like Photoshop that have palettes. You can put the palettes on one screen and work on the other. You can use any type on monitor you want to.

Back