Dual Monitor Software

AppleWatcher

Tigerrr
Hi,

I've got a dual monitor setup since a few days.. But the second screen is quite empty. So, if you find handy tools for Dual monitor - Mac OS X-environments, post it here!

Does anyone know a tool which puts a second, seperate Dock at the second screen, for example?

Thanks in advance..!

Dunno about a separate OS X dock, but this is VERY handy:

http://www.dragthing.com/

There are, of course other applications that perform similar tasks, but this is the one I use. You can position DragThing anywhere you like on either monitor.

I have a dual-monitor setup too – 1 x 19" and 1 x 17".
cq-desktop.jpg

I work in QuarkXPress, Photoshop, Freehand, etc and tend to have the document/image I am working full screen on on the left-hand screen and all the application's pallettes on the right-hand screen, well out of the way.

You can also set your dock to sit at the far end of you secondary monitor simply by using the Dock Control Panel in the System Prefs.

I'm not aware of any "handy tools" for dual monitors – after all, it is, essentially, just an extra-wide monitor. But my learned colleagues :D at MacOSX.com, who are far more experienced that I, will doubtless post to let you know if there are any.

Back