Dual Monitors - hidden panels

Pardus

Lurks: 15,289
I have been using dual monitors for ever and just renovated my office and with the new desk, I switched my monitor layout so basically in the 'arrangement' in display settings, I dragged my extra monitor from the left side of my main to the right side (sorry that was confusing).

but here is the problem, when i open panels, say curves in photoshop, the panel opens where it used to on the left of my main, but because there is no monitor there anymore, it is completely hidden. to get it back, I have to open displays, move that monitor back over there and drag the panel to the main computer and switch the arrangement ....i dont want to have to kill all my preferences in all my apps where this happens, is there another way or is this just some weird bug?

i attached a screen shot with notes to explain myself better.

Attachments

• dual.jpg
    dual.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 18
Been there. In Photoshop, you have to reset pallets and then move them where you want. Other apps should have a similar ability; reset workspace or default workspace are other names.

RonMan

Yeah, and if you find your still stuck on a particular app opening in the wrong place, you will need to delete its prefs file.

Back