Dual Screen Flicker?

jprupas

Registered
I have a new MacBook Pro with a new 20" studio Display attached. I like to run them side by side to give me more desktop space.

After about 1 hour after being connected and ON the MBpro monitor begins to flicker, ghost and go crazy. The external monitor being hooked up has been the only time it does this. I try disconnecting the montitor and plugging back in but it does it again. Only fix is to restart. Any thoughts? Am I doing something wrong?

thanks

That probably shouldn't be happening. I'd say that you have a flaky video card. You should see about getting it serviced before it gets worse, or out of warranty.
I can't think of any obvious software issue that would cause this, apart from something firmware-related.

Thanks for the info. It does seem weird that it only does it when the extra monitor is hooked up and it only affects the laptop's monitor, Not the external one. I am hesitant to take it in for repair so soon but it looks like I will have to.

how hot is it getting? i know video cards tend to do really funky things when overly hot. but then it should do it to both. but i have seen stranger.

Back