Duplex Printing Problem

Jake Peters

Registered
I cannot print a two-page tabloid (landscape mode) pdf document properly from a MacBook Pro or a Mac Pro running 10.6.2 using Adobe Products (Acrobat 8 or InDesign 4) or Preview to an HP LJ5550DN. The printed version prints on both sides of the paper, but the right 1/4 of each page doesn't print. Furthermore, if I reboot and print just one side, it prints fine, but when I select duplex I get this problem and if I try to print just one side again, it prints w/o the 1/4 of the right side of the paper. I can print this same document without a any problem using a Mac running 10.4.11 and Adobe Acrobat 7. I'm using the latest HP drivers and upgraded the LJ firmware as well.

HELP!

Acrobat 8 is ancient. Is it compatible with MacOS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)?

Acrobat 7 is compatible with MacOS X 10.4.

My suggestion to you is to download and install Adobe Reader 9. If it handles your file, then upgrade Acrobat 8 to Acrobat 9.

Ok so I have additional information and have narrowed down the problem. I can't print properly using Adobe Acrobat (8 or 9 - latest versions) or InDesign CS3 or CS4 from Snow Leopard computers (MacBook Pro & Mac Pro). I can print the tabloid duplex correctly using Preview on the same computers. I can also print correctly using Acrobat 7 from a G4 running Mac OS 10.4.11. I can print a single tabloid sheet correctly from Illustrator CS3 or CS4 from the Snow Leopard computers, but since Illustrator doesn't handle more than one page, can't send it duplex.

I conclude that the problem is the Adobe software under Snow Leopard and since I have a work around, will not waste any more time on this. If you know what is wrong with the Adobe software and can give me a fix that would streamline the process.

Back