Duplicate emails in Mail 2.0

jbaugh

Registered
Ever since installing Tiger I have this frustrating problem with Mail. All of my messages recieved in the inbox are duplicated. Two copies of each message. I can only imagine I've set up something wrong, but what that is I can't fathom.

I am using SpamSieve for spam filtering. But I've always used this in OS X 10.3.9 without problems. Maybe I've set up the junk mail preferences incorrectly? Has anyone else had this problem.

If you use SpamSieve, how do you have the preferences set? Should Mail's junk filter be activated?

John

I've got problems with this too, but mainly with messages in my Sent folder being duplicated!!!

I also use SpamSieve - you should definitely NOT have Mail's junk filter activated if you've got SpamSieve activated.

Darkshadow - Is Rebuild also used to sort out duplicate messages? Mail's help menu says it's for use when "Messages are missing, incomplete, or garbled"

Well, I'm not sure if it will. I'm not having this problem with Mail, but I thought it might have helped sort it out. My thinking was that if the mailbox was somehow corrupted in some way that it displayed two messages, then rebuilding the mailbox may fix that problem.

Try it out and post back on whether or not it works.

Unfortunately, there's no option to do this on the "Sent" mailbox; only on incoming mailboxes and smart mailboxes... Otherwise, I'd try! :)

Back