DVD authoring: Burning iDVD images on Windows?

Damrod

Registered
Ok, this is my 'problem':

I want to make a DVD from a concert I played with my band and a friend recorded. I have iDVD and iMovie, but no drive to burn DVDs in my G4. My parents have a DVD writer in their Windows PC, but no application like iDVD/iMovie.

So, is there a way to burn the iDVD project on DVD with the Windows PC, or do you know any equivalents for named applications by Apple I could use to do this stuff on my parents PC?

Thansk in advance for any help :)

You can use iMovie to export a movie file (File --> Share and choose the Quicktime tab). Select either Full Quality (best quality - will produce a very large .dv file) or select Expert Settings and choose your format and compression settings. or select CD-ROM and it will compress the movie file to fit onto a cd (at the expense of audio and video quality)

Then you can move the file to your parent's computer (if it ends too large to burn on a cd, you might want to invest in a large capacity USB thumb drive or external hard drive, both are relatively cheap and very useful for the future) and use the PC's burning software to burn the video file to a dvd.

Hope that helps

Back