DVD burner confusion

jayphotos

Registered
I have a G4 quicksilver that I'm planning on pulling the CD writer and installing a DVD burner in its place. I can't seem to figure out what the difference is between the Pioneer DVR-110 and Pioneer DVR-111 is. Anybody have any insight or thoughts?
Thanks
jay

'Anybody have any insight or thoughts?' - insight, no; thoughts, yes. The difference is possibly an engineering change or changes.

All specifications of DVR-110 and DVR-111 are the same.

The 110 is listed as a 10th generation edition writer, and the 111 as an 11th generation edition writer.
The DVR-111's DVD_RAM write speed is 2.5 greater than on the DVR-110. Another difference between the above web page links is 'DVR-110D or DVR-110' (instead of 'DVR-111D or DVR-111'), in the 'IMPORTANT:' section, of the DVD-111 web page. Apparently, someone manually replaced the '110's with '111's, and missed updating the 'IMPORTANT:' section.

With engineering changes, the product number (or similar [model number, etc.]) is changed / incremented; yet, not always are the specifications changed.

----

Before choosing which one to purchase - view user's and others posts (such as 'Pioneer DVR-111 vs DVR-110') about each model, cost, and the return policy of the place (on-line or store) of purchase.

Back