DVD burning error 0x80020022 and 0x8002006D

RandyS

Registered
MAC error 0x80020022 and 0x8002006D; trying to burn DVD on G4 powerpc (2002). OS 10.4.11 tiger. The two different errors come up at different tries of burning.

amount being burned is about 4.2 Gigs on 4.7 gig disks, same error received after reducing size. Cleaning laser head by first using dvd cleaner disk then tried removing dvd and found it looking vary clean. used Isopropyl small amount on Q-tip. Same error. Tried using Onyk to remove cashes - that screwed me up a bit getting DSL back up. Tried new install of OS 10.4 and then rebuilding back to 10.4.11. I am using the MAC burning software as I dumped iDVD a ways back, I found that iDVD did not load up with the reinstall but I don't think that is relevant for burning. I can burn CD with no problem, and I can read both CD and DVD no problem. My DVD are kept in dark and a drawer away from heat. I do not find a specific Apple.plist in Library that might point to this dvd burning issue.

so far on the internet have found no one solving this issue but the problems seem common among many different mac computers and OS.

hardware:
pioneer dvd-rw dvr-104
firm; a227
interconnect; atapi
burn support: yes
cache 2000 kb
reads dvd: yes

Sounds like you tried everything but replace the optical. You can get a tray load superdrive for just about dirt cheap, so just replace it. That's basically what it needed all along.

Sounds like you tried everything but replace the optical. You can get a tray load superdrive for just about dirt cheap, so just replace it. That's basically what it needed all along.

Well I am appreciative to all responses and usually respond verbally, but I see that there is a tally for Thanks ratings but I find no "Thanks Button" on this page or on your profile, and now my oatmeal is fused to the pan on the stove. Because there is a tally I know there must be such a button.

Thanks for your reply. Because the drive would read and write CD's I was hoping that it was just a software issue. DVD drive are cheap as some may say but if you got no money they are still too expensive.

MAC error 0x80020022 and 0x8002006D; trying to burn DVD on G4 powerpc (2002). OS 10.4.11 tiger. The two different errors come up at different tries of burning.

amount being burned is about 4.2 Gigs on 4.7 gig disks, same error received after reducing size. Cleaning laser head by first using dvd cleaner disk then tried removing dvd and found it looking vary clean. used Isopropyl small amount on Q-tip. Same error. Tried using Onyk to remove cashes - that screwed me up a bit getting DSL back up. Tried new install of OS 10.4 and then rebuilding back to 10.4.11. I am using the MAC burning software as I dumped iDVD a ways back, I found that iDVD did not load up with the reinstall but I don't think that is relevant for burning. I can burn CD with no problem, and I can read both CD and DVD no problem. My DVD are kept in dark and a drawer away from heat. I do not find a specific Apple.plist in Library that might point to this dvd burning issue.

so far on the internet have found no one solving this issue but the problems seem common among many different mac computers and OS.

hardware:
pioneer dvd-rw dvr-104
firm; a227
interconnect; atapi
burn support: yes
cache 2000 kb
reads dvd: yes
I've had the same problem.. It started with the 0x80020022 error message and would not burn DVDs.. Then the drive would not read blank discs or play shop bought DVDs.. I tried searching many Imac forums to solve this with no luck.. Finally solved the problem by simply hoovering the intake slot using that long thin attachment that comes with most vacuum cleaners... This seems to have done the trick as I've been burning CDs/DVDs since with no problems..

Back