Dvd Burning Error Code 0x80020022

hilaryhood,

To answer your question, here is how to repair Disk Permissions:

Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility

Once in Disk Utility, select the disk or volume whose Permissions you'd like to repair, then click the "Repair Disk Permissions" button.

Ted

Thanks, i did repair the disk utility, but it still won't burn a dvd. I continue to get the error message.......... so frustrating!

17" Macbook Pro, noticed that burning DLs was hit or miss, mostly miss. Took into an AppleStore for repair. They replaced the drive but that did not improve the situation. They said, "aha, it's either the flex cable (unlikely) or the motherboard (VERY unlikely) or software." So, they did an archive/reinstall of OS 10.6 and, hey, guess what! 100% success. I let Software Update do it's thing: a print driver update, a composite system update, and a safari update. And, hey, guess what! It still works.

ARCHIVE/REINSTALL SYSTEM OS! (Don't forget to backup your data... just in case.)

Why nobody knows about this is beyond me.

good luck, all.

--ken

wasted 4 dvd-r getting this error code.....
tried free rrial iskysoft dvd creator=the FREE trial even worked effortlessly -first time-except
you get a watermark on the free trial.
Apple should be ashamed .....really.I mean, just put in some working software..ugh.

Repairing the permissions on the boot drive in Disk Utility worked for me as well. My problem happened right after burning a disk. I assume that somewhere during the process the permissions were corrupted on a file/dev/etc. Anyhow, try the disk permissions thing. If that doesn't work, try it again but reboot before you do.

whoa, reapiring permisions does it? My solution was getting an external device. Never had any problems with that one so far.

Now I'm curious if my repaired permissions will bring the internal one back to life.

Back