DVD burns ok mounted after burn, once ejected will not mount anymore

jett_borja

Registered
Im using Toast 7.0.1 as well as Burn in the finder i don't have any problem in burning and in fact after it is finished it will mount on the desktop but once i ejected, it will not mount anymore, i try to use to my friends mac, he can read all my recorded DVD's. But if i used Original DVD (not burned) it is easily mounted. I try to search any forums but didn't get any solution, maybe i am in the right place now to pix this problem. Thanks in advance guys!!!

Here is my system prefs>>>

MAC Os x 10.4.3
Dual 2 Ghz G5
512 mb ram

ATA Bus:
PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-107D:
Model: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-107D
Revision: A707
Detachable Drive: No
Protocol: ATAPI
Unit Number: 0
Socket Type: Internal

PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-107D:
Firmware Revision: A707
Interconnect: ATAPI
Burn Support: Yes (Vendor Supported)
Profile Path: /Library/DiscRecording/DeviceProfiles/PatchBurn-pioneerdvdrwdvr107d.drprofile
Cache: 2000 KB
Reads DVD: Yes
CD-Write: -R, -RW
DVD-Write: -R, -RW, +R, +RW
Burn Underrun Protection CD: Yes
Burn Underrun Protection DVD: Yes
Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO
Media: No

I realize I am replying to a 5-year-old post, but I have just found it and my problem is exactly the same (except that my computer is an eMac G4, PPC, with OS X 10.4.11).

I suspect (but do not know for certain) that A707 is the drive's Apple firmware. I have been advised to try updating the firmware to the Pioneer firmware update 1.22, and there is an application called DVRFlashX which does this despite the updates from Pioneer being PC (Windows) ones. But it is said to be risky. Any thoughts about this, please?

Unfortunately for you and the OP, your problem is not specifically your hardware. It is the medium. Burnable DVDs are extremely unreliable. This is to say that DVDs are susceptible to light exposure. A DVD that plays today may not play tomorrow. Also the DVDs depend heavily on the tripartite combination of medium/burner/player. Change any element in the combination and your DVD may not play.

Understand that burnable DVDs and commercial DVDs are not the same medium. They fit in the same players, but they are as physically different as a record album and a cassette tape.

Back