DVD Collectors or Library connect IMDB

MacFreak

Chic Not Geek
I have found programs for DVD Collectors. But all of programs don't have connect to IMDB.com database update. For example, When I type "Just Married" once it found database from IMDB.com will automatically fill up all details information. That save my time. I hate to put all details information on DVD collect since I have almost 2,100 dvds. It take forever to fill up this. Do you know any program that can do the job for me?

Check out Readerware.com. There are 3 modules (Books, CD's & DVD's) that you input the URL of a DVD from Amazon.com or Towerrecords.com by drag & drop and it fills in all the details. I use it for my DVD collection.

Wouldn't it be cool if DVD makers would start including a data file on the DVDs themselves that held all that data? Then you could just pop the disc into your DVD-ROM drive and import it into your database.

I already did. Its still lots work to do drag and drop. I rather type title in blank box "The Road Warrior" then click search connect to whatever it have all information about this movie such as IMDB.com once you get correct info and highlight this and will update everything to your database program that save your time. Than search other website. I want it on program.

I was actually just imagining a different way of accomplishing the same thing.

I was thinking that it would great if each movie DVD included a file which provides ALL the information you would need - **WITHOUT** having to connect to imdb or any other web site.

DVDs have such a large storage capacity that most of them could easily include a file listing the cast, crew, director, release date, a JPG movie poster, year of release, running time, genre keywords, etc.

If all of that information was already **on the disc itself** then you would not even need an internet connection to build your database.

Just dreaming.

Oh yeah!

Would be nice if I simple put DVD on Mac and have program read this and will update my DVD Collector database. :D But does it have any program like that? Seem to me that none one have better answer for me?

Originally posted by MacFreak
Oh yeah!

Would be nice if I simple put DVD on Mac and have program read this and will update my DVD Collector database. :D But does it have any program like that? Seem to me that none one have better answer for me?

you want to insert and eject 2100 DVDs?? isn't it easier dragging and dropping 2100 items from a webpage?

I already did. Its still lots work to do drag and drop. I rather type title in blank box "The Road Warrior" then click search connect to whatever it have all information about this movie such as IMDB.com once you get correct info and highlight this and will update everything to your database program that save your time. Than search other website. I want it on program.

Check Version Tracker for DVD Cache. I downloaded it 2 days ago and it does exactly what you're asking for.:cool:

BTT

Yo there, how you doing? anyway BTT???

I know what you are talking about.. It would be nice.. but check out the last poster about DVD Cache.. hmm I am gonna check it out..

Back