Dvd Driver In Lombard Running 10.3.9?

Dave_Jorgensen

Registered
Hi: Thanks for running this service - I appreciate the help. I've got a 333 Lombard with a 40 gig hard drive and 384 megs on board that works very well on 10.3.9. I found an Aerocard program to recognize my PCMCIA wireless card, now I'd like to find a program that will recognize my PCMCIA dvd card so that I can play dvd's. Is there anyone out there who has designed such a beast - I'm not necessarily looking for freeware - I'll pay someone for the program if I can see that it works. The dvd player worked fine with 9.2.2, and I'd rather stay with 10.3 because of the software possibilities

Again, thanks for the help,
Dave Jorgensen
Leduc, Alberta, Canada

<djorgens@telusplanet.net>

Dave_Jorgensen said:
I've got a 333 Lombard with a 40 gig hard drive and 384 megs on board that works very well on 10.3.9.
What happens when you try playing DVDs in Mac OS X now?

Your system has 8 MB of VRAM, and I was under the impression that a G3 at 333 MHz should be enough to play DVDs (I watch DVDs on a system with a G3 at 350 MHz with only 8 MB of VRAM and my wife watchs DVDs on her Pismo running at 400 MHz with 8 MB of VRAM).

If it turns out that the G3/333 is just not up to decoding DVDs at a suitable speed, then it may be easier to up grade the processor than any other solution. A faster G3 would be more than enough, but as long as you are spending the money anyways, a G4 (like this one at $229.00) would make all of Mac OS X a little snappier.

Back