DVD Player acts up (region code)

robertkowalenko

Registered
When I watched what I thought would be my last American DVD before permanently setting the player to Region 2, it warned me, correctly, that I could change the setting only one more time. But if I try that, with a European DVD in the drive, it says "There was a problem with setting the region code", Error code -70001" Help! Now I am stuck with the wrong region! And there are no Firmware patches for the new iBook Combo yet!
(And anyway, patching the Firmware sounds way too scary for me (what with loosing your warranty and all that).

What can I do?

Is there anyone out there who knows how to work around the limit of changing region? I have both us and european DVD and would like to be able to watch them all and change the region when ever I want...
As I buy talian film here in Italy and swedish in sweden and now I'm going to move over to California and want to be able to se my italian and swedish films aswell as the ones I get there...

Hope someone have can help

Tanks

Viktor

The point is that (1) there are no firmware patches for my iBook 700 yet, and (2) I have only switched code 4 times so far, and DVD player tells me so. So it should be a software glitch. Moreover, everything's fine under Mac OS 9, so I suppose that the problem is due to something in DVD Player 3. Right?

I have the same prob. as of today.. I'm stuck in the wrong region on my last change aswell.. and the awfull -70000 error in DVD Player. I don't have OS 9 installed so cant check if it works there. Anyone figured out a workaround? No firmware for my drive either..

Back