DVD player updated

Does this make it possible to copy a dvd to my local drive and play it? Was that possible before?

BAH! My software update is borked. It either says my software is up to date (which it is not), or it says an error occurred while checking. It did this same thing with the 10.1.3 update which I had to download from a friend of mine when they got it.

when you installed Mac OS X, did you apply any updates from disk that were not downloaded through Software Update? Installing from 10.1 and getting to 10.1.3 is not tricky per se, but you do have to let the SU app download and install the updates in the correct order. There is an update to the actual SU app that is required for it to get future updates. If you did not install that, then that is why you SU is broken. Check your /Library/Receipts folder or check the SU history to see if you did indeed update your Software Update software.

How convoluted was THAT sentence "Update your Software Update software"

Originally posted by vanguard
Does this make it possible to copy a dvd to my local drive and play it? Was that possible before?

The DVD player that came with DVD Studio Pro allowed you to open a Video_TS folder, I don't know if the OS X player is able to do that, but it doesn't matter anyway, since all you have to do is create an image of the DVD on your harddrive with either DVDExtractor 0.9 (runs in classic environment just fine) if you want to cut the size down by removing unnecessary VOBs or with any other imaging software (Toast...never tried Disk Copy, but maybe this works). Toast and DVDExtractor 0.9 definitely works!

I once had a hacked OS 9 player which let me open the VOBs directly...that was cool....

From the Software Update Log:
11/8/01 Updated Successfully Installer Update 1.0

Is that it? Otherwise, I may need to find out where to download the Software Update updating software...update

wow :eek: excuse my ignorance, but is it really possible to make copies of DVD's somehow? I've got a DVD that i'd love to put on a VCD cause I have a friend overseas who can't play the disc since it only comes encoded for region 1

Back