DVD region codes x 5?

No, keep ranting! :)

So I'm just supposed to go around with my shirts stuck in my DVD player?

Lobbying is sh*t.

That poor kid in Norway is being put on the stand again for copying a DVD that he legally purchased. It was proved in court the first time around that he didn't intend to share it, he only wanted to copy it for his own use. Cnet has a story here

Obviously the fair use argument now only applies to printed books. I wonder just how far this is going to go and what the outcome of this insane mess is going to be.

I don't really need to repeat here that the whole region code issue is a bad joke. Here's my personal story: I have been travelling back and forth between Switzerland and Canada in the last few years and consequently bought DVDs on both sides of the Atlantic. I bought a Titanium PB recently and one would assume that a mobile computer was intended to travel with its owner. And that the owner would have the convenience of watching DVDs wherever he/she goes. Since that is unfortunately not the case I am practically forced to flash my drive's firmware if I don't want to keep two computers just for the sake of watching movies.
So, everybody with a PowerBook featuring a Matshita CW-8121: The hacked firmware available on several sites works perfectly well, I have already successfully hacked my PB and my two brothers' PBs, all of them have a CW-8121. Just read the instructions carefully! I have hacked a couple of drives for my friends but I don't exactly remember which ones.

Is there really no fix for this yet after a year since the last post? I understand the fuse thing and that they can't be fixed, BUT there must be a way of a sofware solution foling the hardware of the DVD region?

Damn the guy that came up with the DVD regions :( Imagine music CD's coming in regions as well...

Matsaki said:
Is there really no fix for this yet after a year since the last post? I understand the fuse thing and that they can't be fixed, BUT there must be a way of a sofware solution foling the hardware of the DVD region?

Damn the guy that came up with the DVD regions :( Imagine music CD's coming in regions as well...

Check the link I posted, well, a year ago ;)

Ohh thanks ksv,
But I was not very clear in my post. I also found that the firmaware can be reset on some models. But I did not find anything for my NEC ND-2500 DVD+-R/RW 8x allthough it's a very popular DVD writer this days :(

Back