Dvd-rw Does Not Mount

koolmees

Registered
A dvd-project has several stages. At the end of a stage I burn a dvd-rw. This process has the following steps:
1. I transform the .dvdproj file into an .img file
2. open Diskutility and do a quickerase
3. burn the .img file onto the dvd-rw disk
4. insert the dvd-rw in the dvd-player
5. look on the tv the result.

After several erase sessions I got a dvd-rw wich was damaged. I decided to do a slow relase and I have now a disk which will not mount.
I insert the disk in my iMac and after 90 minutes the disk is ejected without any message.

I searched the help manual on my iMac, the terminal manuel, googled looking for a hint or for software. I think that I must approach the disk along an other way. If I reach the disk than I can reformat and burn the disk.

I found some software i.e X-CD-Roast and Patchburn and I have the feeling that the Terminal gives also a solution. My knowledge of Unix is insufficient to bring this to a good end.

I hope that you can give me a suggestion or a solution.

Thanks.

Jan Geenen

Hi,
after reading my text I found a mistake. I wrote .....90 minutes.... This should be ....90 seconds.

Koolmees.

It might be that the DVD-RW simply is "too damaged". I have some that refuse to be read: Both in my DVD recorder (for the TV) and my "SuperDrive" (a NEC DVD+/-RW). Might just try a new one instead...

fryke said:
It might be that the DVD-RW simply is "too damaged". I have some that refuse to be read: Both in my DVD recorder (for the TV) and my "SuperDrive" (a NEC DVD+/-RW). Might just try a new one instead...

Thanks for your remark. The first thing I did after discovering that my dvd-rw did not work was burning a new dvd-rw with the result that everything works fine.
I believe that the trouble with the erased dvd-rw is that in spite of the producer's claim of 1000 reuses this is much less. In my case it is about 10 reuses. The problem is with the conclusion for me closed.

Koolmees.

Back