DVD to QuickTime

Mikuro

Crotchety UI Nitpicker
I've looked and looked, but I'm at a loss. Is there any way to convert a DVD to QUICKTIME? There are a bazillion programs out there to convert DVDs to MPEG4/Divx or VCD or this or that, but I can't find a single one (that actually works) that will let me convert it using QuickTime's wide array of codecs.

I need to edit some content I have on DVD. So I figure the first thing to do is to get it into a manageable form. But I don't want to keep converting it into lossy formats like MPEG4 or H.264. That would be bad. I want to convert it to Pixlet (which IS lossless, right?), edit it in that form, and then when I'm all done convert it back to some kind of MPEG.

What program should I use to do this? The only one I can find that's supposed to do QT conversion is Export2QT, which, unfortunately, keeps crapping out on me (it hasn't been updated in years, and OS X's backwards compatibility really seems to suck).

Edit: Oh, I think DiVA can actually do this, too, but it has serious syncing issues, so it's not really usable.

Back