DVD2one released for OSX!

RyanLang

Charlie Brown
I saw some posts about this product a week or so ago and MacNN.com announced its availability for OSX today. I'm so excited that we can make "legal" copies of full dvd's or movie only copies on to DVD-R's. Hell, the windows world has had DVD X Copy selling on home shopping networks on television so it's about time OSX users get something like this since we had the superdrive long before windows users. :p

check it out yourself:
http://www.dvd2one.com/download.php

Hmmm. Couldn't get it to work. It's 49.99 EU, and that seems a little steep for what it does, especially when there are now several freeware utilities (yes, for OS X) that allow you to rip a DVD to DiVX and then burn back to DVD. They don't provide a means to burn the menus et al, but usually the movie is enough for me.

I'd love to hear from someone who has actually duplicated an entire DVD with this though. I have a friend who keeps bugging me on how to do this in OS X...

i haven't used it, but if you want to use it, you have to have a way to back up your DVD on your HD first.
i'm sure there are programs for DVDBackup somewhere.

DiskCopy works just fine for me.... Then you are able to play a DVD off of your HD, and since you aren't engaging the optical drive, you get get more viewing time in when you are operating on your battery....

Back