DVI-ADC adapter

doolers

Registered
Here's the scoop...I have a power mac G5 June 04 version. I need an adapter to use my monitor w/ it due to the ADC port not working. The DVI does. I think my monitor is a 22" flat but I am unsure. I know it uses the ADC. How do I make sure the adapter will work with my monitor B4 I buy the adapter?

Your post is not too clear, so is this what you need?

Is the ADC port on your video card not working, and you need to have a DVI to ADC adapter, so you can continue to use your Apple display with an ADC connector?

If that is correct, then you need Apple's DVI to ADC adapter: This one - http://www.amazon.com/Apple-M8661LL-Display-Adapter-4038234011420/dp/B00011KHT2

The simple adapters that you might see that convert the OTHER way, so you can connect a standard DVI display to an ADC output - won't work for your use.
So, you end up with a really expensive fix to continue using a 7 or 8 year old display.

I would simply replace the old display with a new one that you can find with a DVI connector (but that's just what I would do). You can find great displays for under $200, maybe on sale for much less with that same size screen.

Back