DVI or RGB

BikerRob

Registered
I am using a projector to run Keynote presentations from my MacBook. The projector has two RGB inputs and a DVI input. I have both adapters for my MacBook.

So, the question is: which would you use? Is there any noticeable difference between DVI and RGB for running Presentations?

TIA!
Rob

So, the question is: which would you use? Is there any noticeable difference between DVI and RGB for running Presentations?

Your MacBook has built-in mini-DVI but not RGB. I would go with the DVI. However, you will have to look very, very closely to see a difference

Yeah, I know it has mini-DVI. I've purchased both adapters so that I can use either.

I use the presentations in a church. My MacBook sits about 25 feet from the projector. I have a 30 foot DVI cable and a 50 foot RGB cable.
The first time I used the DVI cable, the screen went all funky while playing a video (imbedded in my Keynote). I caught it during setup and was able to switch over to the RGB before the sermon.

However, I find the RGB loses it's signal from time to time, and I wondered if I'd get a better signal trying the DVI again. (I know I can get a booster for the RGB signal, but they are quite expensive I'm told).

Rob

Go with the DVI. Something was wrong on the first try, it seems. It should work best.

Back