Dynamic list of movies--geektoool?

d3structivepyr0

Registered
Hi
I have a 1TB external HD that i place my bluray rips and movies on. Since I have a macbook, and my HD is underneath my TV, i don't always have access to the list of movies i have. I have over 200 some movies, and i'm constantly adding more. I have 4 folders: unwatched SD movies, watched SD movies, HD movies, and TV shows. I like to have at least 2 different lists, or some form of separation between the movies and TV shows.

I would like a way to create a list that updates everytime i mount my external drive. I would then like to use geektool to display that list on my desktop. I'm thinking some good use of terminal commands could get this done... something that triggers when i mount the drive, and then an ls command for each folder?? And then some way of using geektool to display that?
I haven't actually used geektool yet though, so if anyone has any suggestions on how to do this, that would be awesome!

Thanks!

A slightly different approach, I use Xbox Media Centre to act as a frontend to my media library. You can mount drives or folders there, I am wondering if you could do something like mount a smart folder which searched for some criteria, and do it that way.

Back