EA sports games for X

themacko

Barking at the moon.
I'm always bumming my roommate's PC to play Madden 2001 and NHL 2000 .. all that good stuff. Are there any plans to port the new EA Sports games over to X?

From what I 've heard I beleive they are going to port any new releases. I have no clue what they are going to do with their old games.

Sports games are a touchy subject on the Mac. :mad:

In 1996, I started a Web site called MacSPORT because I couldn't find any. Then I started the MGDB just to keep a master list of all games, sports or not.

As for upcoming EASports titles, none have been announced. Aspyr brought Madden 2000 to the Mac, but they were apparently disappointed with sales. They subsequently announced Tiger Woods golf, but then that got shelved.

Your best bet is to contact Aspyr and tell them you'd pay money for a sports game. MacPlay is another publisher that might consider a port, though they have a better relationship with Interplay than with EA.

well i broke down and got a playstation 2. no point in playing those games on a laptop anyhow (although that'd be pretty sweet playing Madden 2002 on a plane...)

Originally posted by themacko
[B(although that'd be pretty sweet playing Madden 2002 on a plane...) [/B]

Are you allowed to take laptops on planes anymore? I thought you weren't since you may have that hidden 10 foot sword hidden in the cd rom drive..

*sigh* I wish my iBooks latch wasn't broken, it's so young, too!

Males (outside of USA) will tell ya that the port of EA's FIFA 2002 would send us Mac users to heaven!:D

Yeah, a British company (Gremlin) coded a Mac soccer game (Actua Soccer) back in 1996, but then the American publisher (Interplay) had financial problems, and it was one of the titles that was axed.

It was going to come out over here as "VR Soccer", but finally the only way you could obtain it was with a Techworks 3Dfx card. I bought one, at the time, and so I had it. At any rate, it was a pretty good game. But that was the first and last time Gremlin attempted a Mac game, even though they had announced a couple of other titles as well.

But it sucks, because with a proper release, and with proper marketing, a soccer game could fly.

Me, I'd like to have a decent baseball game. We DO have Strat-O-Matic Baseball, which is the equivalent of Championship Manager, but it requires a key diskette that doesn't work with most external USB floppy drives, so it's a pain.

Anyway, I digress.

Back