I AM IN NEED OF SOMEONE TO CREATE A SMALL OS X APPLICATION, ITS
FOR www.cyberalerts.com AND WE ARE WILLING TO COMPENSATE FOR
THE WORK DONE...

Start up the app and it asks for:

1.stock symbols (up to 50 of them)
2.message (155 char max)
3.yahoo username
4.yahoo password

Then the user should click submit and the app should posts the message to the yahoo message boards for the symbols entered, using the login information entered.

The app should also wait 5 minutes between posts (and that number should be adjustable by the user) so Yahoo doesn't shut down the IP address and flag it as spam. Its not really spam anyway...
it is going to be used to post industry news to boards of the same industry.

PM me if interested....

menu please don't crosspost .. one time a post is enough, if it is not in its exact best location, it will be moved to a better location.

Good luck with your project. I doubt how much use the things you want to be done in one app will have - you can do both in a number of ways alrady .. sherlock, applescript, web .. any YIM compatible clone etc. Maybe add some totally new function to make it different.

I am a very skilled and high priced programmer and I am afraid that what you are asking for is spam. Arguably, I get all sorts of "news" about the reproductive industry which my two kids place me in - but it is still spam. You can dress it up however you like but if is quacks like a duck...

lurk... thanks for your opinion of whether or not it is spam...

the truth is it doesn't matter if it is... its a job... do you want to create it? just tell me how much you want to charge... you don't have any liability at all for the spam... we will since the app will be run from our server/ip address not yours.

in the end its all about making money... want to develop it? PM me

I think the problem you will run into, menu, is that what you are proposing is a software program that utlizes information from other sources and funnels that information, for free, to your site. Not good! Especially if you don't want the SEC breathing down your neck.

News sites freak out when their content is appropriated by other sites, whether it's duplicated in direct or indirect form; electronic or printed.

Make sure you are accessing information in a way that's not illegal before you pay to have a programmer do this work for you.

I am afraid that I will have to opt out of this one on moral grounds. The fact that something is just a job is not a defence. Worse if I help you spam the yahoo boards it may drive all the entertaining trolls of of the SCOX board, then what would I read for fun ;)

Giaguara - PM me if you are interested in this job...

As for everyone else... what none of you are understanding is that this is not going to be used as a SPAM tool anyway.

Back