Easiest way to connect to television

mw84

Registered
I'm after the easiest way I can link my Macbook to my TV so that I can use it to play dvds (if that's possible). The Macbook spec is as below and the TV has the usual connections (video, audio right speaker, audio left speaker, scart).

Cheers for any help you can offer.

Apple Mini-DVI to Video Adapter. Apple's online store has it for 19 USD. Search for the terms "Mini-DVI to Video Adapter" and you'll find it. From the description:

"The Apple Mini-DVI to Video adapter is designed for use with the iMac (Intel Core Duo), MacBook, and 12-inch PowerBook G4. The adapter connects to the Mini-DVI port on these computers and provides both S-video and Composite video connectors so that you can view your computer on devices such as TVs, VCRs, or overhead projectors with S-Video or RCA (Composite) connectors. Video cables sold separately."

You'll need a cinch-cinch mono cable for connecting between the adapter to the TV set as well as a standard mini-jack to stereo cinch cable for the sound in addition. Like you'd use for connecting a portable CD-player to a home stereo.

Might be just as cheap and easy for me to get a new DVD player. Thanks for the help anyway mate.

get a monster itv cable.. expensive but you get what you pay for and easier than buying loadsa different components where you loose quality. look on apple store for more info

Back