Edit iTunes music library

Urbansory

The Definition of...
I have a song that crashes iTunes every time I click on it or attempt to remove it from the library. This came about when i began moving my collection from CD to DVD. I had no problem when it was on a CD-R.

So i want to go in and delete that item if possible. Or is there another way to fix this problem? I can't even uncheck the item so it doesn't attempt to play in a playlist which results in a crash.

Do you play directly from the DVD ?

If you have to correct anything, you'll have to re-create the DVD !

Yes, the files are on a DVD, they play fine from this DVD, just something about that one file.

Well i think it's something with the file or file association inside iTunes. The old CD-R won't play the song in iTunes now either. If i drag it into iTunes it crashes, on both the original source (CD-R) and the new DVD. Plays fine in QuickTime though. I had this before and i had to convert the file over, but... if this is the same file, played fine before, something is screwed in my library file.

All the other tracks seem to be fine, although i have another few hundred to associate with thier new location..

Well, you could always hack the XML file that iTunes uses to keep track of your playlist, and remove the offending song...

I tried that. Can't locate the song. I guess I'll have to burn another DVD eventually, but I'll wait till i reassociate all the files and make sure there are no others. Thanks for the help.

Back