Edit MP4, MPG, AVI, VOB in MAC OS X, FREE?

See, this is why I didn't want to "Switch" in the first place, even on a site with 100,000 mac elitist, not ONE posted software to help.

On a pc, there is literally DOZENS of shareware options right off the bat.

*sigh*, I guess its time for eBay for this pretty 2,000 dollar door stop.

Oh yes, we posted absolutely nothing of value. VLC, ffmpegx, Quicktime Pro, or iMovie couldn't possibly do any simple movie converting tasks.

How 'bout you go tell your friends how your 2,000 dollar door stop couldn't convert an MPG? Oh, and in the same breath, don't forget to mention that Macs are the most used computer in movie production.

*coughs*

PCs have lots of 'freeware' but how good are those apps really? Is there any support for them when they crash your beloved pc laptop/doorstop? Also, don't you think not getting viruses in exchange for fewer of these free (crappy) apps is a great trade off when buying a Mac?

Just because you're too cheap to shell out $35 bucks for a shareware app or two doesn't make 'all of us 100,000 mac elitist (isn't that a contradiction right there?!), unhelpful.

We taught you how to fish, but you wanted the fish bucket handed over to you for nothing. Nice.

um, theres shareware mac software too. but you asked for free, and shareware isn't free. and besides, all the pc shareware movie converts i've used left watermarks on the movies when they were done.

haha, that got your juices flowin, huh? 4 replies in 3 minutes... i bet my buddy it would be 10 by 5, but you guys let me down :(. im just messin with ya...
i love my new laptop and would never sell it. it matches my car perfectly! im glad ipod decided to make laptops now, they are sick.

thanks for the help guys! macintosh rules!

um, ipod doesn't make anything, apple makes the ipod, and they have been making laptops for a couple decades now.

Just what we need! One more person who likes to drive people crazy for their own amusement. Congratulations! ;)

i'll stop. i just got frustrated because i felt your replies were not very helpful, and being new to this side, i thought it was just as easy as pc to find crappy freebies.

didnt mean any harm guys.

oh, and i tried the links for the modules on the software, but of course, 2 were outdated and the others sent me a goose chase finding the the right thing to download. Not to mention the terminal.app error, by which, from what i gather, the software talks to osx.

oh well, i guess i'll go to a kinkos or somethin

Back