Editing ISO files

derekjohnston

Registered
I've downloaded a Linux Distro known as a Live DVD in ISO format. I want to burn this to a DVD for future use but would like to change what is in the ISO before burning. There are several files that I would like included so I won't have to have a second CD/DVD later.

DiskImageMounter does a great job of opening the ISO but it is readonly. If I copy the files to a directory, make my changes and then burn the DVD, the disk isn't bootable. And I am at a loss about how to continue. Can I burn individual files to a DVD and specify that the DVD will be bootable? Is there a software tool that will take the individual files and folders, and make a new ISO file that would be bootable?

I guess you can see where I am going. When I google for it, I find results for creating a backup of the Leopard install DVD.

dj

So it appears I will need to do this in a Windows environment. Not a problem, I have a couple of Windows boxes but I wanted to move off that platform. I have a couple of good Windows apps for working with ISOs and assumed that there would be similar apps in the Mac world.

Back