Ed's new Avatar

twyg

Back to Mac Baby!
I can't think of a better avatar for Ed.

This thread serves no other purpose than complimenting Ed on his avatar. ;)

I like it, but I still don't think I can let the old avatar go...I mean, that old avatar IS Ed

does anyone recognize where my new avatar is from?

It is the character from Slppy Sokoban - a game. i finally beat all 50 levels - despite swearing that several of them were impossible along the way. :lol:

the new avatar is my celebration of this feat. i will probably bring the old one back when i grow the beard back in the fall. But since the character's name is Mr. Freak and he looks so much like me with a beard, it seems to work as well. :D

this is an os x freeware puzzle type game. you can find it here if you would like to check it out for yourself.

funny thing is that i found many of the higher levels to be easier and i think it is because you learn all the little tricks as you go. the levels that stumped me the first time thru were 11, 30, 43,46,47 and of course 50.

oh, and thanks for noticing. not sure this needced it's own thread, but thanks. :)

Ed, I downloaded Sokoban when you posted and those levels ARE impossible...11 and up are HARD!!! I can' tseem to get the last stone in...damn it, when I finnished Traffic for Palm I swore never to get addicted to annoying games again and here you come along :mad:

I agree on both counts:

1. That is a great avatar for Ed. Very appropriate.

2. I also agree that this is horribly addictive game. Dangit, Ed! Dang you and your getting us all addicted! Gah! I'm going to wear out my arrow keys! :D

he he :p

just remember that you can skip levels and come back to them. sometimes the moves you ned to see are more obvious in the later levels.

if at any point you want proof that a level can be done, i'll be glad to post a screen shot. :D

here's level11 :eek:

Attachments

• level11.jpg
    level11.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 25
Now post a screen on the unsolved level, the order and direction each piece is to be pushed..

truthfully, i don't think i solved level 11 until after i got stumped again on level 30. then i got motivated to go back and try harder and at a certain point i suddenly saw what i needed to see. also i didn't worry about pushes and moves and scoring - i just wanted to solve the dam thing!! er, dang thing ;)

believe me, you will feel better when you know that you solved the whole thing by yourself. i was tempted to seek help a few times, but i'm glad i didn't now.

To be honest, Ed, I liked your old avatar a whole lot better. It was visually pleasing, and your new one - no offense - looks kind of garrish IMHO.

Originally posted by wdw_
I was look ing at some of the new icons at Xicons.com and I noticed this pic:

Click here

Doesn’t the icon on the right look like Ed's old avatar from a different angle? It's uncanny.

Huh. So you're saying that Ed is Jerry? Interesting. I think I also saw Elvis the other day. ;-)

i think i look more like Bob Weir. But saying i look like Jerry is about as nice a thing as anybody has ever said to me. Thanks!! :D

and as for being a gnome - i definitly conisder myself an elf which is about the same thing, so thanks for that as well!!

you guys are just too nice.

(just don't say i look like elvis :p )

Frazure,

Your new avatar ain't gettin' it buddy. I like the old one better. The new one reminds me of Oscar The Grouch on Sesame Street.

Back