eh?

Originally posted by Zenzefiloan

As for the Americans:Who is going to win the NBA this year guys?I support Sacramento are they through....?

Sacramento's up 3-2 against the Lakers. Game 6 is tomorrow night in LaLa Land.

Go Kings! (this from a guy living in Wisconsin). I just can't stand the Lakers. ;) :D

Originally posted by Winblows

that football doesnt count.. were talking about the real sport.. the actual game that uses your foot and the ball

Well spake! :D

Go Sacramento i used to support Chicago for the obvious reason of Jordan&company. But now in Sacramento Stojacovic(peja) plays and before he came over to the US he used to play in Greece and i used to really love the guy.

ohmigosh, I disliked the Bulls because of Jordan & Co. Too many championships. Then I transferred my distaste to the Lakers once they started winning too many in a row.

Underdogs rule!

Go underdogs in the World Cups (soccer and rugby and cricket!)

I like watching rugby. All Blacks! Haka! Unfortunately one needs satellite or something in the US to watch it. Silly "football". . . .

I actually like Montella better than Vieri. Totti is a real football genius though!
Too bad Baggio couldn't make it...

England... hmmm... Sven is great, let's see how far he's gonna take the team!

OMG! Gimme a football game!!!!!!!

Zenzefiloan: Next time we go maybe we have a better system who knows!!!!

I don't think that there is anything wrong with the system, it is just how you play it. With that system it is all to easy to get old fashioned and let your fall backs play defence all the time. With total football the fullbacks have really got to push up and play in midfield a lot of the time.

R.

undefined
I don't think that there is anything wrong with the system, it is just how you play it. With that system it is all to easy to get old fashioned and let your fall backs play defence all the time. With total football the fullbacks have really got to push up and play in midfield a lot of the time.

I meant the way they lost 4-4-2 as in goals they were beaten!!!

I like 4-4-2 too but my favourite is by far 3-5-2 if you have the players!!!!

WELL DONE FRANCE!!!!CONGRAQTULATIONS

This is what happens if a team is based aroun one player in frances case Zidan.

:eek:

I am glad i ut some money on Senegal for the game....

I think that France has the ability to do better. But they think they will win with only their shirts present on the pitch.

Bit of a shocker that result. There were quite a few off the woodwork though. Henri should really have stuck a few away.

Senegal caused LOTS of problems for Desailly and other other centre back (whose name escapes me at the moment).

It's going to get interesting in the next few weeks.

R.

Rep of Ireland v Cameroon .Roy is out and they will want to proove something so i can see a tied game here

Uruguay v Denmark Never underestimate the Danish i go with Uruguay here

Germany v S. Arabia .Propably Germany

What do you guys think?

After yesterdays forcast was very successful i will continue with tms one!!!I only did not Denmark damn!!!

So here we go:

England Vs Sweden: i will have to go with England here although i fear a tie is more of a possible result.

B: Paraguay v South Africa Paraguay

F: Argentina v Nigeria I think that Batistuta & Co will pull it off here.

Spain Vs Slovenia:Go SPAIN...i hate slovenia because of zahovic he used to play in Greece and i hated him!!!

I bought the ball that they use in the World Cup yesterday...man it is so light it is unbelievable!!!

Originally posted by Winblows

that football doesnt count.. were talking about the real sport.. the actual game that uses your foot and the ball

Too bloody right!

Where in hell did that atrocious word 'Soccer' come from anyway?

LOL... that is weird. Why don't we switch football and soccer? :confused:

But in football (the American kind) you do use your foot a little bit, but not as much as soccer. :p

Originally posted by alexachucarro

Too bloody right!

Where in hell did that atrocious word 'Soccer' come from anyway?

I agree!

From Merriam-Webster online:

Etymology: by shortening & alteration from "association football"
Date: 1889

I dunno. What do you think?

Originally posted by xoot
But in football (the American kind) you do use your foot a little bit, but not as much as soccer. :p

Yeah, even rugby uses the foot more than "football" does. However, usually the rugby use is to trample on people's heads. . . ;) :D

Yup. :p

Well actually, it's possible that rugby is safer than American football, what with the much stricter rules for tackling. And because rugby players don't wear helmets, they're less likely to get some nasty neck injury from a facemask tackle. Now concussions, that's another story. :p :D

Rugby is far more dangerous, I've played both!

Played rugby in school (which is compulsory for us Brits), adn took an interest in playing American Football for a few years.

The first thing you learn in Rugby is how not to get all your teeth knocked out and how not to get your spine broken! I have heard of quite a few cases of deaths in rugby in last few years, mainly from the scrum (the famous part where all the big fellas slam together). That is where it is easy to damage your back, if you watch the referees in professional matches, they are making sure the scrum doesn't collapse as so nobody gets seriously injured.

When playing American football in all that padding, it's great, you can run into an oncoming truck and not feel anything!!!:D

Well okay, you're the first person I've "met" who's played both sports. I, on the other hand, have played neither, but have watched plenty of games. So I defer judgment to you. . . .

Even with what you've said, I'd still prefer not to be jumping in the air and have some big linebacker tackle me out of the air and land on my head, helmet and padding or no! :p

Back