Eject button doesn't work, now it's ALT-EJECT!!

kebosma

Registered
My cd / dvd eject button on my keyboard doesn't work normal anymore, I have to press ALT-EJECT before it works...

I was at home at a friend of mine, who just bought an Imac and he was complaining that his EJECT button didn't work... So I checked on my macbook which I had with me and I was surprised to see that my EJECT button was also not working!!

After fooling around on my keyboard i discovered that ALT-EJECT does the job, where in the past only one tab at the EJECT button resulted in the disc to be ejected...

Maybe result of an update? Anybody?

I have two mac's. an Imac and a macbook, both have the same problem, I have to press ALT_EJECT to get a cd/ dvd out.... The same as with the Imac of that friend of mine.... Anybody got the same problem and or a solution?

I prefer having to hold it down a bit now or even pressing Alt-Eject is fine for me. I hate accidentally pushing it with my wrist as i go for the mouse.

I agree, and now I know this, I think it's a good prevention from hitting the EJECT button by accident, so it's a good modification!

Back