'ello

Morning Folks,

Since I registered here on Friday morning I thought that I would introduce myself as a recent Mac convert (of a sort).

My name is Stan, I run my own IT Consultancy company (mainly windblows :eek:) and I have just purchased myself a second hand 12" G4 iBook from eBay for working with on the move.

I am really enjoying the interface and have started to roll the iBooks out to all of my staff.

*takes seat and drinks coffee*

Welcome to the Mac and the site. This is a great community, feel free to ask questions. Mostly, enjoy !!!!

Hi & welcome.

Interesting name… could it be inspired the name of a famous Roman delicacy, as pronounced with a London accent and a lisp?

CaptainQuark said:
Hi & welcome.

Interesting name… could it be inspired the name of a famous Roman delicacy, as pronounced with a London accent and a lisp?

Its the pet dog of a Celtic Goddess that stops people entering the afterlife if they are still alive.

Wanted to have something a bit different :)

Och hoots mon! Lang may yer lum reek! And other such Gallicisms…

Huddersfield, huh? Bearing in mind the geographical diversity of some of the MacOSX.com crowd, we're almost neighbours. bbloke is also from your part of the woods.

CaptainQuark said:
Och hoots mon! Lang may yer lum reek! And other such Gallicisms…

Huddersfield, huh? Bearing in mind the geographical diversity of some of the MacOSX.com crowd, we're almost neighbours. bbloke is also from your part of the woods.

Yeah, I noticed that Yorkshire seems to have a fair few Mac peeps kickign around :)

CaptainQuark said:
Lock up yer chickens!

Joking aside, as a parrot-owner, I'm p1ssed off that H5N1 has reached the UK.

But I am assuming that as the responsible person that you seem to be in these threads your not going to be panicing and following the common sense approach of keeping windows closed etc.

And - make sure you and your parrot don't kiss any swans..... ;) (sorry)

Just a thought, but surely flu in any species has been around for 100's of years... but is it only recently we've been able to diagnose it?

Anyway - way off topic... printf("Hello World\n");

Back