Emac Finder Not Working

howsagino

Registered
Hi there.

I have recently been having a few problems with my eMac, and the problem that I face at the moment is that when I reboot my computer, no matter how many times, it has a different effect.

1- it gives me a grey box message that tells me i have to restart my computer...

2- it goes to the loading screen, where OS starts up, and it makes it to the desktop background, but nothing else appears. Just the wallpaper, no icons, no toolbar, no nothing. My mouse cursor is there, but I can't click anything.

3- I try to start up from the OS X installer disc holding 'c'. This does not work either.

What can I do to fix anything?

I've tried the Command-Option-P-R thingy, but that doesn't seem to do anything....

I've sent my mac to get repaired before at a Mac retailer, and they fixed it after $90, but now a few weeks later it does the same thing as it did before.

'I've sent my mac to get repaired before at a Mac retailer, and they fixed it after $90', exactly what did they do ... for $90?

'I try to start up from the OS X installer disc holding 'c'. This does not work either.', no - at times it does not. But, pressing the <option> key during boot up will present all bootable volumes. After the cursor, eventually, becomes an arrow, click on the Installation CD ('Panther', 'Jaguar', earlier MacOS X'es ...) or DVD ('Tiger') - you never did identify the eMac's MacOS X version - and then the '-->' button.

Via the Installation Disc's 'Installer' (?, or equivalent) menu select 'Disk Utility'. Click on the eMac's boot drive, the 'First Aid' tab, and then the 'Repair Disk' and 'Repair Disk Permissions' buttons.
Reboot the Mac, tell us your results.

Back